The Wine and Dine weekend has been one heck of a challenge in recent years.
There was the “Splash and Dash” of 2014 and the “Half of a Half” for 2015.
What will 2016 bring? How about a new challenge race and, oh yeah, new morning start time.
Love it or hate it, that’s what’s happening this year. Just released are the bibs, waivers, corrals and more.
First, get your bib number after you download your waiver here.
Then you can find out what corral you will be starting in.
Wine and Dine Half Marathon
Race course: Oh, yeah, that’s new too! The 5K & 10K are the “usual”, but the half is all new.
Be sure to check out the event guide as well. All you need to know about the race weekend will be here. And it’s no longer going to be printed out, so this is what you get, folks!
Whether you’re a seasoned runDisney participant or you’re training for your very first race at the most magical place on earth, you’ve probably seen some chatter on social media regarding your runDisney race corral placement.
Why is corral placement so important? Well for some, it isn’t, but for others that enjoy the character photo ops along the course, corral placement is critical. Corrals also help cluster runners with similar pacing together in an effort to create less crowding along the course and an overall more pleasant running experience. Corrals are assigned based on your submitted Proof Of Time, (POT). If you chose not to submit a time or miss the deadline, rest assured, you will be assigned to one of the last corrals.
Corrals have a staggered start time and runDisney policy does not allow you to jump corrals to join a fellow runner unless it’s to jump BACK to join someone from your group. Typically, corrals are assigned about one month prior to your race.
As we move into “run season” you should be able to find many options to participate in an officially timed race in your area. Proof of time deadline for events at Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend presented by MISFIT™ is August 1st, 2017. There are several online sites available to assist you with registering for a local race. Of course, as a registered runDisney participant, you have already viewed Active.com a valuable resource in discovering officially timed races, even some with interesting themes.
The list below may also assist you with finding a race near you:
*Runner’s World Race Finder
*Running in the USA
*Running in the USA
As always, your complimentary quote from Trave by Groups is provided to you as part of our concierge-style service, YES! It’s free! Click the link below to be directed to our quote request form for the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon presented by MISFIT™. You will discover that it is a simple Google Docs questionnaire and your answers will be automatically emailed to Travel by Groups, upon where we will begin the quote process for your race-cation.
CLICK HERE TO START YOUR COMPLIMENTARY QUOTE PROCESS
Below is the proof of time policy pasted directly from the runDisney website:
runDisney proof of time guidelines: If you believe you will finish the Princess Half Marathon in less than 2:45 hours, proof of time is required for start corral placement. Proof of time is not required for the 5K and 10K races. Please reference the Pacing Requirements below for finish times and associated pacing per mile. Please note we do not accept self-timed, training, or virtual runs as proof of time.
- Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race reflecting results after January 1, 2015, and must be one of the below listed distances. Runners will be placed in the last corral if the appropriate race distance is not submitted for Proof of Time.
- Half Marathon – 10K, 12K, 15K, 10 Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon
- A valid proof of time provided at the time of registration must include the following*:
- Name of Race
- Finish time
- Link to Results
*For example, Walt Disney World Marathon, 26.2, Orlando, FL, 1/13/15, – 3:35
- For starting corral placement, proof of time must be submitted by the participant for each individual race.
- If proof of time is not provided by November 15, 2016, data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start corral.
- No corral changes will be made after November 15, 2016.
- Past runDisney races may be used as proof of time, however they are not automatically input for your race registration.
- To update the proof of time for a minor, please email email@example.com.
- For any questions regarding proof of time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update your proof of time.
“All Disney names and logos are used with permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement by Disney, express or implied, of any organization, company, or fundraising campaign. Disney does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on this website.The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of Disney, and agreement with those views may not be implied by use of the Disney names and logos.”